Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Good Quotes

Vin Scully, about Dan Haren: "He's as likely to give up a walk as he is a tattoo." Scully is old school, and sometimes says corny things, but he's like one of those old radio guys. Still colorful. Love that. He can still say something like this (about Orlando Hudson in the same game): "The O-Dog is everywhere."

Miguel Cabrera, asked about his slow start: "Don't worry. I'll hit." What I particularly like is how he isn't analyzing it. He knows he is a great hitter, so he's not the least bit worried. You want that guy in your lineup.

Manny Ramirez, about being AL player of the week: "I'm a pure hitter. I could be whatever I wanted to be. If I wanted to hit 50 home runs or 40 home runs every year, I'd do it. But I don't want to. I want to be a pure hitter and hit it to all fields." Talk about confidence! I'd make fun of how cocky this is, but Manny is a surefire Hall of Famer in my book. I can't really dispute the quote.